SV: Roland S-550 sampler?

Thanks for the help , Joseph. Cleared things up a a lot for me. After
reading your post a few facts made me realize that the S-550 isn`t right
for me. Since I`m also used to PC based sampling and editing I want it to
be a quick and easy process to get sound into the machine.

The 12 bit part doesn`t bother me so much since the "grit" you can get
>from that works in my music. (But I guess 12 bits is as low as I`m
willing to go). So the search continues. Another day , another
sampler.........Maybe I`ll go read about the Akai S1000.......Maybe that`s
the sampler for me?

Thomas

Feel free to check out my web-site:
http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Promenade/1628/