Re: Anyine using the Roland S-550 sampler?

hey Os , thanks for the reply.

I`ve been over at your website and listened to the song called "vladimir".
I loved it!!!  Great vibe and mood throughout the track. Great vocals and
guitar-playing. Since RealAudio is rather limited in terms of soundquality
my impression of the the sound is , um....limited. But I think it sounded
cool. I`m just wondering how much ofthe track was done on the sampler.

I assume the kick-drum was a sample , but there was also a filtered ,
percussive "bleep" wacking away in the background. Was that also the
S-550? If so , did you control the filters via some sequenser?  In other
words , can you send SySex data to the s-550?

One more questuion;  the monitor and mouse , do they have to be some
specific model or brand in order to work , or can I use ANY computer type
monitor? Just get one from some dusty old 286 PC ???

Hope I`m not too much of a pain in the arse , and I`m really greatful for
the help you`ve given me so far.

Yours, Thomas W

PS. Good luck with your music , I love it!!