Re: best signal method?

At 03:54 PM 9/15/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Brendan wrote:
>>Hello all,
>>                    In setting up a jam man for live rig, w/mixer,  what
>>would be the best way to put it in chain, so i can catch all instruments
>in
>>loop? as an aux send, or on the main outs?
>
>     Use the aux send/return on your mixer.  Then you can adjust the fx
>levels for each input into the mixer, and also,  you can shut off the
>signal
>to fx of a particular channel if you've got a loop  going and want to
>solo a
>particular instrument on top without adding it to the loop, while still
>being able to add the other instruments to the loop.

        In addition, if you don't use the aux return,and instead use
another
channels input for the return signal, you have additional control over the
jamman's output.   EQ, additional (say stereo) effects if you have another
aux. send.
        We use two Mackie 1202s (one for the vocals and one for the
guitars)
and we each have a JamMan.  The vocals go into the JamMan thru aux send 1
of
the Mackie and the output is returned into channel 2.  Aux send two is a
stereo reverb/delay, so we have a "stereo" loop and lead vocal signal.  For
the guitar, the signal path to the JamMan is the same (Aux 1 send for into
to the JamMan and the output is routed to channel 2).  Aux send 2 is an
Echoplex which is returned to channel 3.  This allows me to send signal to
both from the guitar as well as sending the output of one looper to the
inout of the other.  I also have a Boss RSP-10 as the other part of the Aux
1. send signal chain (On the Mackie board, the aux sends are stereo, so
using a Y cord, I have two mono devices on aux send 1).  This allows me to
send the return from the RSP-10 (which I use mainly for its backwards echo)
to the Echoplex.
        The more you play around with the ideas, the more fun you have.

Frank Gerace
Dreamchild

Dreamchild's first CD, Gates To the Sea is now available!
http://www.channel1.com/users/seahorse
http://www.channel1.com/users/seahorse/cd.html