Re: Childrens' Sequencer Program

>Does anyone know of a sequencer program that works like the old
>Electro-Harmonix sequencer--8 sliders (one for each note in the sequence)
>that produce an endless loop?
>
>I want to introduce my kids to looping.

There's a shareware windows program called SEQ303 avaolable from Metaphoric
Software, programmed by Jim Johnson. Being a mac snob, I haven't used it,
but it looks very cool, and Jim really knows his analog stuff. He also
makes an equally cool looking multichannel arpeggiator called ARPX8.

For info: http://www.technotoys.com/seq303.htm

Also, there are a few hardware analog-style sequencers out there, though
the cost may be a bit more than you'd like. I have a Doepfer MAQ16/3, which
offers 3 rows of 16 knobs, both cv and MIDI outputs and a very flexible
MIDI implementation.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra