i need help

I am getting frustrated with velocity sensitivity in drum pads, as well as
the
fact that on this one beat I am trying to create, I personally cannot make
myself hit the pad double time ... and in-sync with the beat.  I was
wondering
if anyone knows if the alesis SR-16 may have a function in which you may
program and automate the drum pattern without having to tap out the pattern
manually ... also, does the akai mpc2000 have such an option?

peace
B-double-O