Re: The Story of our Age & New reading, please... No Loop Material

Dear David,

        For me the best way to figure out how a society or a culture
generates its
music was to actually be there for a time and to have friends along the way
who were from the area (Kenya, Turkey, Greece, Italy and Germany) who could
patch up misconceptions and help out with some ideas.  Now, I am not saying
that I have that much knowledge in the field, but looking to the culture of
someplace that is considered "foreign" really helps out.  Another thing
that
is a bit more helpful is learning the languages.  This might be a bit over-
kill, but it does give a good basis of comparison.

        Hope this helps out.

                Lee-ohki.