echoplex and noise addendum

After much experimentation, I have verified that all the RAM is OK. That
is, if I replace either bank (pair) with the original 1MB SIMMs that came
with the unit, then the 'plex works fine, reporting the correct 122 secs of
loop time. It is only when I try to use all four 4 MB SIMMs at once that I
get this self-noise problem. Eh bien?

Aden