EDP reverse looping

OK, got my Echoplex, thanks to the group buy...

After hearing a cool drone project, I wanted to try a reverse delay.  There
doesn't
seem to be a way to do this on the Echoplex.  I can reverse the loop, but
then my
overdubs are not reversed.

It also seems as if once I reverse the loop, I cannot undo any overdubs
that
happened
before the reversal.

BTW, I'm having problems in general with getting my overdubs and undos to
be
timed
to the cycle correctly.  I usually get a little snippet of the overdub
still
in the loop after
an undo.  Any tips would be appreciated.  (Having the EDP count down the
remaining
time the loop would be extremely useful in this regard)

-steve