re:getting started

      Listers,
12/12
      At the risk of sounding like the complete novice that I am, I'd like
get some
      feedback on some of the "looping" capable units that are on the
market
now.
      ( I've heard good things about the JamMan, but since it's no longer
in
produc-
      tion, it doesn't count.) Firstly, I'm really interested in live
performance. So,
      ease of use is important. However, sound quality, and memory for
loops
are
      also right up there. The effects in my current rig run stereo, so I'd
like to keep
      that.(The Echoplex is a mono unit, but two can be hooked together for
stereo
      if I understand correctly?) What is an EDP? I've been seeing posts
about
it on
      the list but don't know anything about it. Are there others?
      What about units like the Eventides?(In all their various
incarnations)
I know
      their effects are outstanding, but what about looping capability?
And,
would it
      be "worth" it to purchase a single Eventide or to go the multiple
component
      route, a dedicated looper(s), a harmonizer, a delay/reverb unit etc?
      And lastly(sorry this is so long winded!), after the purchase of an
Echoplex,
      what is the cost to beef up it's memory to the full 200 second
capacity?
      Thanks in advance!
                                              Sincerely,
                                             Chris Olden