Boss SP-202

I recently bought a Boss SP-202 Dr. Sampler and am wondering if anyone
on the list has one and can help me with some questions.  The main
problem I am running into is I pick up a click in my loop when I hit the
record button, or the marker.  Sometimes I can get a clean loop with no
click, but most of the time it is there.

I am also picking up "line noise" when I record.  This happens even when
I have it running off of batteries and not plugged into the outlet.  I
have tried various input levels, but still get the noise, most of the
time.

Thanks in advance,

Jim