DL/AM-8000 vs Vortex?

Hi folks-

I've found a source that promises me a new (meaning
never opened or used) Vortex for $300. Now I'm seeing
letters about the two Korg products along with descrip-
tions of being Vortex-like. If memory serves, I think
the Korgs are selling for under $350. Would anyone
care to offer their .02 as to which one to buy, & why?

I presently own an EDP w/50 sec (soon to be 3 min) of
delay. I also have a Digitech 2112 & a 2101 Artist.
I usually use the EDP to loop distorted or clean sounds
from the 2101 & then let the 2112 provide stereo/pan/
phase effects to the loops.

I'm intrigued by all of the comments over the years
about the Vortex, but was completely unaware of the
Korg products until the recent letters.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

==
John Tidwell