Enough Already!!

Am I the only one out there who could care less if 'looping catches on'?

As long as there is ,at least ,adequate technology in the field I'm happy.

Right now there is more than enough devices for looping.

What's the problem?

You wan't to make a living off of it?

Unless your sexier than the Back street boys, or can shake your ass better
than Will Smith, or have better outfits than the Spice Girls, or can insult
more people than Manson it's probably not going to happen.

I have never expected to live off of the music I make.....
First of all I make it for myself(or whoever im working with)and share it
with
friends or people who are GENUINLY interested in it.

Second of all, when dealing with 'avant-garde' music , or whatever that
means,
one cannot expect 'the masses' , or whatever that means, to greet it with
open
arms, at least in the US.

Also, what is all of this nonsense about wanting looping to considered a
legitimate instrument.
By who?
Do all of you need society to tell you it's 'ok' to use that shinny box?

And what is all of that other nonsense tying 'real instruments' to physical
techniques?
We only need to go through some physical medium(i.e. guitar player moving
his
fingers and hands about)because there is no better way.
If it were possible(on probably will be in not too long)we won't even need
an
instrument, at least in the traditional sense of the word.
It would all happen upstairs, if thats what one wants.

I think all of you(I'm addressing the ones who sent the mail {I dont want
throw a blanket statement out there on all of you})are overly conserned
with
being accpeted by society, your peers, consumers, 'musicians'...etc.....

We are all artists(in one medium or another, or multiple ones).
Most of us deal with sound, again, whatever that means
But it is art nonethe less

I leave you all with a few quotes that I like

"Art, if you want a definition of it, is criminal action. It conforms to no
rules. Not even its own.  Anyone who experiences a work of art is as
guilty as
the artist. It is not a question of sharing the guilt.  Each one of us gets
all of it."  John Cage

and

"Art is you ability to percieve it."

Rodrigo
Kriist@Aol.com

P.S...Dig the CD Gezoleen.
P.P.S.  Thanks for responding to the mail I sent you DT  <~~~~SARCASM