Re: What got ya to where you are...

My biggest musical influences were Hendrix,Scott LaFaro and Joni/Jaco
duets.I'd always been attracted to playing the entirety of the bass and
multitracted bass, guitar and "other" sounds especially on six-string
fretless.Then I became almost obsessed(my girlfriend would say
completly) with the playing of Mick Karn(still my favorite
bassist)And,what put me over the edge as an unabashed loopist was the
desire to explore the singing,rythmic bass ostinatos and fantasticly
beautiful guitar textures(David Torn)of the POLYTOWN album,albeit as a
solo bassist.....
                      Thanks for the chance to chime in,I too am looking
forward to other folks answers..                  scott

http://www.basscapes.com