Re: Enough Already!! . . . "good" avant-garde music

>> > You've got that one right. The only parts of the US that you can get
good
>> > avant-garde music is NYC.

Please allow me to rephrase that, i think i meant that it is one of the
biggest known places for avant-garde music. John Zorn, E#, David Torn, John
Cage, David Tudor, Morton Feldman, Ornette Coleman, those are a bunch of
those who we speak of when talking about weird musics. So i guided my gaze
to NY when i thought of that. I do know that SF is pretty good also. But
normally when people think of avant-guarde music (the other people that
really arent part of it) they generally think of NYC.

I hope that can clear up a bit of our discussion.
Thank you all for your time.
Jeff Collins

A Strange View of Music
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stadium/1429/STRANGETONES.html