I think we have a winner here!

First of all, Kim, let me apologize for never signing up, but visiting
frequently.  I guess I was too concerned with the possibility of drowning
in
email about how cool Robert Fripp is too realize how important to this
artform
your information has been.  I have used a pds 8000 for years, and got a
jamman
a few years ago as well, and have been trying to find something that
bridges
the two.  Checking out the NAMM site a few days ago, I happened upon this:

NEW PEDAL FROM AKAI  (AKAI?????)

E1 Headrush Tap Delay / Tape Echo Simulator / Looping Recorder
16 bit Digital Delay - Delay time from 0.5ms to 23.8 sec
Tape Echo mode with 4 tape-head parallel outputs for amplifier or mixer
inputs.
Simulates an analog 4-head tape echo machine
Looping Recorder with overdub mode - Powerful tool for solo performances
Max. Recording time is 11.9 sec for loop recording
HEAD GAP adjusts the delay time between the heads
Delay time is from 10ms to 5.9 sec
HF Damp simulates an analog delay sound
Feedback sets the feedback level for repeat times
Ratio allows adjustment of wet and dry mix
Dynamic delay control - sets the delay time by tapping the footswitch twice
True Bypass

So what do we have here?  A Jamman with a slightly upgraded memory, a high
frequency roll-off, outputting quadrophonically (!), a tap tempo control,
and
a knob for modulating delay time while in that mode, providing the often
coveted "speeding up and slowing down" sound of a tape based delay.  All
this
is in a pedal . . . selling at a suggested price of $250.  Um, I don't
know if
I'm jumping the gun here, but this, quite frankly, seems to be the shit.
Now,
I know you don't have multiple loops, or any of that jazz, but fuckit, no
one
but us dweebs use that anyway.  Everyone else wants to solo over their
pretty
little loop until they get bored and do another one.  Now they can set the
tempo on the fly without a midi pedal or, as I' ve been doing with the pds,
playing and praying.  Too bad you can't modulate the time of the loop once
it's set, but maybe that's a mod you can figure out and sell.  Anyway,
please
add me to your mailing list, drown me in tech speak if you so require,
because
at least I won't feel like the weird guy in town anymore . . . also, if you
want, I'll manage a PDS-8000 site on Tools of the Trade (check out my
product
review in Harmony Central under Digitech effect pedals), if you can help me
out (i.e. tell me how to do it!)  Thanks a trillion, and as soon as you can
get the echoplex under $600, you've got my business!
SINcerely,
                                                                    Aaron
Solomon Goldsmith

                     aaroneous88@hotmail.com