Re: So where are we?

Author:  "Joseph Buck" <josephbuck@hotmail.com> at INTERNET
> ... Gibson and related stuff is a mess. Questionable marketing,
>questionable
> delivery of goods (no ram in many units, destroyed boxes, broken
>faceplates),
> and a shifting corporation. Why do I care so much? The promise of the
>EDP is
> great. It is a deep and wonderful machine in spite of all the nonsense.

Which brings me to this follow up on my request for summaries of EDP
purchaser's
experiences...

I was on the phone today with (someone who shall remain nameless) at a
very
respectable west coast bay area dealer discussing EDP price and
availability and
he said this...

"We've got 6 units on order and they should arrive this week or next at
the
latest... IT WILL BE HARD TO GET EDP'S AFTER THAT BECAUSE GIBSON IS MOVING
THE
FACTORY."

He also said all their units thus far had Oberheim on them and they've
received
no Electra units. He didn't know about that change.

I'm going to the LD list archive to dig up the Gibson contact person and
email
or call them to get some real answer, but this does not sound good to
someone
who just sold a pile of gear (including my JamMan) in order to purchase an
EDP... I you have that contact info please let me know.

best,
Miko