Mac software sources

Off topic of course, but just sent this list to a friend & thought it might
also be of use to our illustrious listmembers:

Here's sources for some Mac music software, almost all of it
freeware/shareware--

Harmony Central is THE place to buy & sell gear, but has a lot of other
good stuff too.
Get these two thru Harmony Central
(http://www.harmony-central.com/Software/Mac/):

Pedalfects- like eight stompboxes.  It's usable realtime, but to save stuff
you must register for $100--probably too much.  Can get pretty wild,
though.

SoundMaker (demo)  This is a really nice stereo sound editor with loads of
effects which competes with the $500-700 programs, but sells right now for
$30!  Ordered mine!

These two are "manglers"; AIFFs in, strangeness out:

thOnk_0+2:  http://www.audioease.com
Argeiphontes Lyre:  ftp://shoko.calarts.edu/pub/akira/al.sit.hqx

ReBirth (demo): http://www.propellerheads.se   Try the demo, lots o' fun.
The best $160 I ever spent, and my main impetus to go all-software.

ConvertMachine:  http://www.kagi.com/rod   This is cool; it will take
nearly any form of soundfile and convert to different formats.  Since many
of these programs spit out their own flavors, I use it to quickly make them
all plain-vanilla AIFFs.

Syd (software syth):  http://www.thepalace.com/jbum/   Kind of neat but not
real intuitive to use.  Still, it's free....

Soundhack-  http://music.calarts.edu/~tre   "SoundHack performs various
soundfile manipulations that have been previously unavailable on the
Macintosh. SoundHack includes soundfile type conversion, spectral mutation,
spectral dynamics processing, a varispeed/sample rate converter, soundfile
convolution, ring modulation, the phase vocoder, a binaural filter and an
amplitude analysis and gain change module."

MetaSynth-  http://www.arboretum.com   By the guy who created Bryce, it
makes music out of PICTs!  Impressive; try the demo- but the real deal is
about 200 bucks....

MaCthugha-  http://www.afn.org/~cthugha   Pretty cool audio-to-video,
billed as "an oscilloscope on acid".  If I were to perform again, I'd want
to get another guy to run this from my sounds.

And besides Harmony Central, here's another good source:

http://www.musicandaudio.com/mac3.htm

David Myers