Short? in Echoplex

good morning, I am new to your list and am looking forward to posts past
and present..before I dive into my echoplex with a magnifying glass, I
have a question that perhaps someone can better direct me to. At times
my unit , when barely tapped will reset itself, just as if one turned it
off then on again. I did expand the memory when I received it, so that
would probably be a starting place. I though perhaps it was the plug
itself being loose..but no..has anyone experienced this before? thanking
you in advance. scott devillez