Jam Man

Hi all-

i am expecting my EDP tomorrow but I also found a used Jam Man for $199
bucks- I dont know any of the specs but do any of you know how I can sus
it out by turning it on? Does the screen show you if it is updated, or
how much memory etc? I got an itch to buy it but I have heard about some
update for it and that the zip mem is expensive for it as well- so if I
knew how to assess it I just might end up with a Jam Man and an EDP at
the same darn time!

Thanks,

Clifford