Re: odd edp problem

The ground strap should have resistance in it's
connection to true ground, to limit possible current
to the heart.  This is what is done with ESD ground
straps for electronic manufacturing.  Buy a commercial
manufacturing ground strap used for ESD protection.
They come with wrist band, and wire to connect to
ground.  Safe resistance is part of the design.

bret