Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V99 #163

Yo, Mike!

Before you flame anybody, perhaps you ought to check out who said what.
Doug (That's me, in case you can't pull your eyes up to the FROM line)
never said a damn thing about being able to hear RDAC compression.  I
don't need fresh air, but if compressed audio gets you that upset at a
total stranger, perhaps you need to give your hand a rest and get up from
your computer.  I have consistantly spoken up on this list against such
absurd claims as bit depth differences, which is by and large a marketing
tool of the companies looking to get people to replace perfectly good
gear with the latest and greatest.

Much as I hate to admit it, Mike, we probably have a lot mor in common,
except perhaps the fact that I have a sense of humor (read "I've not been
unimpressed with the performance or sound of the SP-808.")  That means
that I rather like the beast, Mike.  I also said, "I'd be hard pressed to
fault the 808's sound quality."  The rest of what I said was an attempt
to get out of Neal Trembath (the poster who said he had a problem with
the 808's compression) exactly what he was hearing that he didn't like in
the 808's sound without comming of like a complete know it all ass hole,
which is unfortunatly how you've come off, Mike.

I value the Loopers-Delight list as an open form for discussion of broad
ideas related to looping, and have completly enjoyed recent threads, even
if I haven't posted a great deal as of late.  I piped up only to enquire
what Mr. Trembath ment by his post, and to point out that the 808 did
indeed have the hard disk support for which he was wishing.  For this I
get attacked?

Take some of your own advice:  Stop being so anal.  You are far from the
only person on this list with a valed opinion.  If somebody says
something you don't agree with, how about a little charity.  You can eat,
shit and hug whomever you damn well like, and check out who said what
prior to posting to the entire list and making a complete ass of
yourself, as clearly you have now.

usually a whole lot nicer,

-Doug

P.S.  Mike, here's a primer:  You authored the absurdities below.