Spin-17 gig spam

Sorry about the last minute nature of this but here's a couple of Spin-17
related gig announcements...

NOW..

MONDAY, MAY 3 (today)
The Moment Of
@The Knitting Factory/AlterKnit Theatre
7pm       $5   74 Leonard St       (212) 219-3006

Motoko Shimizu ++ Ed Chang ++ John Kennedy
Voice -- Turntables -- Guitar -- Sax -- Drums -- Found Objects
"2 members of Spin-17 with the man behind Cyclops Joint"
This won't feature the clenched-tongue, genre-splitting attempted irony of
Spin-17, but will be a free-improvised noise sonata celebrating the
irreconciliable differences between thud-metal. skronk-jazz and New Age
music (yeah, right).

AND THEN...

SUNDAY, MAY 9 (Mother's Day)
Spin-17 with special co-conspirator DONALD MILLER
@The Knitting Factory/AlterKnit Theatre (again)
9pm       $6   74 Leonard St       (212) 219-3006
Featuring:
Ed Chang on ** Electronics ** Homemade Objects of Aural Destruction
Motoko Shimizu on ** Voice ** Self-Destructing records on Semi-Functional
Turntable
Donald Miller on ** What looks like a guitar but sounds like a lawnmower
being chainsawed in half.
This, too will not be a typical Spin-17 show, but more a free-improv
impression of a grand piano being drawn and quartered.  We think.  But then
again we've seen DM play some hellbent slide-blues, too.

Anyways, come on down, we'd love to see you and find out how you're doing!

And here's a recent review of our CD recently published in EMI
(Experimental Musical Instruments) Magazine (March):

"Under the name Spin-17, Ed Chang (electronics, clarinet, guitar, tapes,
turntable) and Motoko Shimizu (voice, turntable, toys, gizmos, guitar) make
some of the most inventive, and some of the funnest and funniest sounds you
will have heard in quite some time.  Lots of emphasis on innate sound
quality; less emphasis on harmony, melody or countable rhythm; but with its
playfulness and humor, the music does not have the abstract feeling often
associated with pure sound exploration."

CD available at Downtown Music Gallery and Kim's Music and Video on St
Mark's Place.

Finally, email me back if you want to get off this "list".