motu, mac and PC

MOTU claims that with an off the shelf G3 @450 mHz and a
2048, you can read up to 72 audio tracks. I do myself work
on an "old" (1 year and an half old, so that makes it
almoste prehistoric) 604e Mac clone @ 210 mHz with a single
HD and I have up to 18 audio tracks. Sometimes 22, if  I
don't aply effects in real time. that without sound card.

I'd say that both platforms now are successful in audio.
Maybe PC with diversity of the moteher boards will give more
hassle in the choice of the right machine with the right
components (most of troubles I see in the diverse mailing
lists for any soft usually comes from PC users).

If it was possible I would anyway work under BeOS
environment.

Olivier Malhomme