Re: loop the loop the lupe the lay!

Heer Driessen wrote:
"
What I want  a digital loopmachine with which you can INSERT material in
a certain point in time, but DELETE the previous sound in that point.
That way you could correct the sound and make fancy "1 or 2 alteration at
a time Philip Glass music" and at the same time make fast harmonic
transitions, by simply inserting everything you play.
In the analog way it is simple, but poorer in quality. So I want a
digital machine that has got the facilities to do just that.

tjau,

paul"

Lee's response was:"

        From what I am seeing on the Looper's Delight Digest, the only
animal
that can really allow you to make such changes is the Oberheim Echoplex,
where it can deal in "parts" vs. machines like the Zoom 2100 which
essentially plays back samples, but does not allow for much in the way of
layering or altering on the fly.  At least without the same degree as the
Oberheim.

        A boomerang, may be able to do this with only two parts, but I
could
be wrong...

        Hate to shoot you to only one option on a rack unit or stomp box.
There is a bit of software for the IBM clone or the Mac that'll do this
too,
but like most, I'm dubious about bringing something as fragile as a
computer
to a gig, even though I've done it in the past.  Rack mounting it was
definitely the way to go, I might add, vs. free standing, but the
expenses...

        Tchau,

                Lee-ohki.