DAVID FIRST w Keenan Lawler live webcast

David First and Keenan Lawler
Performance and Live Webcast
Thursday May 20 9:00 pm ET
>From Artswatch in Louisville, KY

LOUISVILLE, KY --  Composer/guitarist David First will perform "A Bet on
Transcendence Favors the House Part 2" for 13 drone paths guitar/synth
controller and tonal fool.
Visuals by Patricia Smith.
First has written, "I am attempting through my music to charge the
atmosphere with a directly physical presence, to disturb
balances and re-focus attentions through the manipulation of subtle
vibrational quantities, to play the tune for the dance between
disorientation and total clarity, reconciling the unchecked senses with the
logic games of the higher intellect. My ultimate wish is
to transport an audience to the realm of pure feeling--to a state where all
conflicting ideologies reach an harmonic
concordance."
Jon Pareles wrote in THE NEW YORK TIMES,
"Strange things can happen in the spaces between the steps of the Western
chromatic scale.....David First used finely calibrated
pitch combinations to make the whole gallery throb and buzz and shimmer
with invisible turbulence."
The room is set spinning, careening and flying into a whirling
dervish of tone and vibrational resonance. Sound swoops into the very fiber
of the listener's being, and soars up the spine,
directly into the cerebral cortex.

Keenan Lawler, composer/improviser, will open the show performing music
based on his new release on Konstant: "The Ghost of a Plane of Air." It
features his acclaimed work on prepared, bowed and
electronically-manipulated National Steel Resonator Guitar.
Always seeking to expand beyond the boundaries of convention into a place
of freedom where anything might happen, as a means of process Lawler takes
this unlikely instrument so rich with tradition into an arena whereby it
becomes a transmutable sound source -almost, in effect, a new instrument
unto itself.

The webcast will be displayed at www.konstant.com
Webcast provided by Shadowcast Networks, www.shadowcast.com.