EDP question

Hi all-

I am having a problem with my EDP and would like to know any ideas on
it-

I get a sort of hissing sound with a loop which is audible only when the
Feedback indicator lights up- on soft passages there is no noise. The
noise is somehow interrelated to the signal/Feedback light- is this
normal? I hope it is not-

I also have a bit of the "thump" described when ending a loop but I have
not had the time to open the unit and run the diagnostic described
earlier-

I find this noise to be most irritating and hope I can find the
soloution-

Thanks a lot-

Cliff