Out of the loop.

Hey all,

Well, I've been away for a while, and let me tell you: I have no idea
what's going on in the world of looper gear.  I've been using ACID on my
girlfriend's laptop, but I long for a similar program for the Mac.  Does
such a thing exist?

Also, I still use my trusty JamMan, but long for the fabled Echoplex.
Is such a thing currently in production?  Something similar?  I use a
MIDI clock from a sequencer to establish a loop length, so that's pretty
important for my looping needs.  I'd much rather do a hardware solution,
but a software solution is OK.  I've got a Power Macintosh 7500 upgraded
to a 300 mhz G3 with 168 meg of RAM.  Is Digital Performer worth the
cash?  I'm currently using Metro 4 for MIDI sequencing and audio
recording.  It works OK, but I fear that my Mac's sound card just
doesn't cut it for squeezing out those extra tracks.  Anyone know of a
decent low cost audio card for the Mac.  Love that wacky OS, if only
there were the same hardware and software available for it.  (hear that,
developers?)

Hey, I found this cool website, check it out:

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/

Mark