Re: Loop length query

>Topic suggestion:
>How many of you folks routinely use loops longer than, say 10
>sec.?

 Within the context of FingerPaint and also with my personal looping I use
loops of more than 10 secundos all the time. Part of my intitial attraction
to the Jam Man was the 32 second upgrade. And then along came the plex with
way too many seconds...

  But I seldom am looping riffs or motives, generally textural sonic
landscapes of varying loop sizes. Frquently we will have two or more very
long loops "brushing against one another and then some shorter loops. Add
to this what ever we lay on top.

  Lately I've been making longer loops of events with silence in between.
Three or 4 sparse loops made in this manner  have yielded interesting
collages.

Patrick

                   http://www.fingerpaint.net