Re: Loop length query

While I may be dating myself a bit, I've never had the urge to part with
my old
(original issue) Yamaha DX-7.  As most know, this synth isn't
multi-timbral;
thus making the EDP an excellent tool for multi part, shortish
compositions with
a single DX-7.  The tonal combinations of this single (digital in
character)
instrument can be quite varied with a little care in patch selection.  The
'plex
also works nicely in this capacity with the Oberheim Xpander, an older
analog
synth that's multi-timbral, but limited to six voice polyphony.  Long
loops make
for nice combinations with these two guys, plus various guitar, etc.,
blended
in.  The 'plex really expands the scope of these wonderful instruments.

Steve
Cincinnati, OH