Re: It just goes...

I think this is at the heart of this "concept" (an intellectualization in
itself?);  it's kind of a burdon being lifted feeling, if you will.  The
suspension of the constraints of attaching some kind of value or
definition to
aural, as well as other, events is central to the attractiveness.  Like a
psychological coffee break.  Casteneda would call it suspending the
internal
dialog.  What does this have to do with looping?  Er...uh..., oh yea, you
could
record the ambient sounds inside that restaurant on a portable DAT and feed
them into your looper.... yea, that's the ticket.  Seriously though, I
think
this is fundamental to the attraction of looping; using "pieces" of sound
in a
different and consistently changing context.  To my mind, that's as valid a
musical concept as recurring themes played on various instruments (sort
of).

Steve
Cincinnati