Re: John Cage recordings

I may be a too idealistic but I would like to see a day when categories are
done away with. The categories we have are inadequate as it is. Yet music
is
categorized in more fragmented terms. Carlos Santana said in an interview a
few years ago the the term "Classical" was outdated. To his mind, Classical
meant classic. His idea of classic music was John Coltrane and Miles Davis.
I subsribe to that mode of thinking.