New to the list

Hi All,

I just subbed yesterday after visiting the Looper's Delight website for
the first time. I had heard of it before but never actually visited.

A little bit about myself:
I'm 30. male and I live in Canada. I have a dream job in a New Media
studio as a graphic/sound designer where I can indulge, to a large
extent, my whims and get paid for it. I've been creating music on the
side for years now which is a
techno/industrial/ambient/breakcore/experimental mix. I joined this list
because I want to introduce loops/drones into my repertoire.

Of the tools of the trade listed on the loop site what would be the top
recommendation in the "bang for buck" category? I want to spend under
$300 for now and upgrade sometime in the next six months. I will be
building an analogue modular synth system over the winter and perhaps
this will prevent me from spending to freely so I will have some extra
cash to throw at a better looping tool. All I have now is a Boss SP-202.

dave