Re: In search of the ultimate looper?

-----Original Message-----
From: ld thomson <heatshrink@hotmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 1999 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: In search of the ultimate looper?

>Have everyone forgotten that EH 16 second delay contraption circa 1984?
>I've never used one but I think Belew & Fripp were pretty enthused about
>it
>when it came.
>

>From time to time, mention of the EH 16-sec delay comes up. Having owned
>one
for a couple of years back in the mid-to-late 80's, I can only say that it
is better left alone. Among other things, it was poorly built, noisy, and
had very poor bandwidth. At the time it was all there was (short of hauling
around a couple of Revox's) but it has been greatly superceded by what is
now available.  If the reissue of the Micro Synth is any indication of EH's
reissue mentality, we can expect no improvements on the original.