Re: SOUNDSCAPE SUCCESS AND NO SCRABBLE RABBLE

><< Have any other loopers had this kind of weird ghost in the machine
>occurrence during performance.  (although I don't want to revive that
>time/drug thread again) >>

Well, er, yes. At my son's baptism, I performed a piece on (amplified) solo
acoustic guitar which I wrote for him while awaiting his "arrival", titled
"Awaiting Your Arrival". I had everything set up and sound-checked
beforehand, but when I began the piece, my signal went dead for *precisely
three seconds*. I can say this factually since the piece sits at about 60
BPM and I "lost" about 3 beats. Yet it seemed like an eternity. It was most
certainly a visitation by the same benevolent angels who sweep down at the
most disconcerting times to bring chaos into highly charged emotional
moments, allowing us to peek into that alternative universe where such
chaos
is irrelevant, and therefore feels (in this concensus reality) like a vast
expansion of linear time since we value/fear such chaos so readily. By the
way *no one else* noticed any break in the sound except for another
guitarist (my son's godfather). Do you think I'll be able to tell him this
story in the so-called "future" without making reference to drugs? :-)
    By the way, my family loves Scrabble. Lots of scores in the low-to-mid
400's at family reunions.