Re: Boomerang MIDI

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/30/99 10:58:13 AM Mid-Atlantic Daylight Time,
> galen@erols.com writes:
>
> << 1) Being able to record a new loop while the current loop is still
>  playing, i.e. playing loop doesn't cut off when you hit record. >>
>
> isnt that what the "stack" button does.......michael

Not quite, though I may have worded it vaguely.  The stack button will
layer on top of your loop.  What I'm talking about is the ability to do
something like the following:
 1. record loop A and set it spinning
 2. stack, play over, generally use loop A however you normally would
 3. hit the 'through mute' button, hit the record button and record
    what we'll call loop B while your loop A is still playing.
 4. finish recording loop B by pressing the record/play button again
    and viola there's your loop B spinning away with loop A having been
    discarded for simplicity's sake (or saved if we're also adding
    multi loop capability)
 5. rinse & repeat & repeat &... :)

---
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear
 to man as it is, infinite."  -- William Blake

Todd Pafford   galen@erols.com