Re: EDP versus Digitech?

At 3:09 AM -0700 7/9/99, Dael Franke wrote:
>Kim Flint wrote: Not only is the echoplex not going out of production, we
>be
>makin' it mo' betta....
>
>Hello, dear Kim. What you are so charmingly being oblique about is the
>possibility of the next Plex having some time flexibility. I worked with a
>little Digitech 7.6 loopyloop a few years ago, and the thing I liked most
>was
>the ability to create loops, change time by the use of a big old friendly
>knob
>(I do so like those) on the front, and layer loops upon loops at all
>different
>speeds. A tiny bell can become all the bells in the world tumbling about
>in
>the sky on the day the last dictator dies. If the next Plex can't do this,
>I'll be a sad little loop decaying to silence.

ah, the old variable delay time pitch warping thing. yes, that's lots o
fun. I'm afraid the current hardware is simply not up to it, and we're
updating software at the moment. Half/double time tricks turned out to be
real easy, tho.

>If it won't, could you (or anyone) suggest a few loopers that will?
>Should I
>just start looking for a used Time Machine?

Well, of course you should be looking for a used Time Machine! You should
be doing that anyway, if you want any cred around here. The more loopers
the merrier, I say!

kim