Re: so when do we get the EDP news?/reasons to have boomerang ANDEDP

>> I use the EDP for the more strucural stuff and the Rang to throw in some
>> polymetrical, gritty 8vb/8va (via playback speed) additions for
>contrast.
>> Since this expands the range and the sound of the instrument it's an
>> important feature to me. At two points in the show I use two worked out
>> independent loops to get some some trippy polyblabla stuff, great fun...
>
>help with nomenclature here?
>
>what means 8vb/8va and/or polyblabla?

8vb means "one octave down", 8va means "one octave up". If playback speed
is
halved, pitch is halved, or dropped one octave. Playback doubled=pitch
doubled=raised one octave. Polyblabla is a secret code word for two rhythms
of different lengths, usually sharing the same pulse. The even more secret
code word is "polyrhythm". I love the funny spot where music and technology
meet!