Another Headrush post/Moogerfooger alert

I just sent in the Akai FX review (which contained the Headrush, of course)
which will be published in the October issue of Guitar magazine (U.S.,
formerly Gtr. for the Practicing Catholic). I did my best but was limited
1,000 words *total*for five pedals. Alan's review, now on the LD website,
does far more justice in greater detail. Consider my review a "cool pedal
alert".
    I have discovered that, at least when in Normal Echo mode with feedback
at max, increasing levels of digital distortion seep into the high
frequencies with every regeneration of same. I was using a Digitech Whammy,
and the "Two Octave Up" setting got a little upset after a while.
Similarly,
extreme low-frequency sounds distort easily at first, then gradually clear
up as they regenerate. Any similar observations/cures?
    If you're into totally fooging with your signal, you must check out the
Moogerfooger pedals by Bob Moog, working under the "Big Briar" name
(www.Bigbriar.com). Three boxes so far- a low-pass filter, a phaser, and a
ring modulator- all offer amazing range of effect. (for example, the
phaser's frequency of modulation ranges from low audio frequency down
through the usual whoosh-whoosh range to ONE CYCLE EVERY HUNDRED
SECONDS!!!)
There are numerous input jacks for control by footpedal or control voltage
of almost every parameter of each effect. They are very well built, and
list
in the $200- $350 range, if I recall correctly. Think of them as little
analog synth modules with lots of real-world interface. I will be putting
them thru their paces (phases?) in the next couple of weeks. The review
will
be in Guitar World, probably mid-September or October.