RE: Things are quiet 'round here

Douglas:
> I've  also added an Alesis Microverb to the feedback chain
> so that the original note gets hazier and hazier. Kinda makes the
> sound disappear into a cloud of fog.

Now that sounds nice - probably the kind of thing I was envisaging.  That,
and putting a delay in the feedback loop; imagine the MPX's 5.7 sec delay
in
the JM's 32 sec loops...

>With any feedback loop, you obviously must split the signal
>and reenter it with your primary source, unless the device has a
>prewired aux in. Set regeneration or feedback to minimum and begin with
>fairly short  delays (1 or 2 seconds) to hear what will happen.

I use the "stereo" inputs on the JM; the input goes in on the left, summed
to mono through the loops, comes out on the left output, through a volume
pedal and back into the right input.  Master output comes out of the right
output.  Feedback level is set by carefully balancing the input and output
levels; I'm planning on putting a pot in the feedback loop for fine-tuning
the level.

>Have a ball. Or a series of  infinitely receeding balls. Which may
> be what you get when attaching alligator clips to your Johnson.

I take it that's not the amp yer referring to... =:0

Mike Hughes, Ph.D.               Tel: (+44) 1483 300800 x2344
Lecturer in Biomedical Engineering,    Fax: (+44) 1483 306039
University of Surrey,            EMail: m.hughes@surrey.ac.uk
Guildford, Surrey, UK    www.surrey.ac.uk/MME/Research/BioMed