Mackie 1202 VLZ PRO

Since I posted questions here a couple of weeks back concerning the Mackie
1202, I thought some people might be interested in a followup.  Friday I
picked up the new model, the VLZ PRO.  I previously owned the "pre-PRO" VLZ
and admittedly offer my comparison via memory.  Plugged in my
instrument--which has Duncan humbuckers and "Anderton" wiring--via a
Whirlwind Hotbox, and was completely amazed!  The near absence of noise,
the headroom, full tone and detail is definitely the peak of my experience
in this realm.  Anyone contemplating a VLZ PRO for such a use should go for
it--I got mine at Sam Ash Pro Sound in NYC, for the best price I've ever
seen, $330.  Everyone in the world seems to want $380.  Talk to a guy named
Will, who offered me the price without even bargaining.  Have never gone to
Ash first, and of course there was a flap over the Behringer stuff, but
they have Mackie again and this price for this quality can't pass
unmentioned.

David Myers