Re: active/passive volume & controller pedal

This is a point of interest to me because I've always experienced
difficulties with volume pedals, and as far as guitar work, it's a very
important part of the chain.  I've had DeArmond and Boss "passive" pedals,
which are just a pot in a box, and almost immediately they become scratchy
and I always feel the bottom end is never quite "off".  Much better results
with a Boss ME-8 I had where I could use a pedal as control input to
electronic volume control, but in a stand-alone pedal I don't know what
would be acceptable.  I've thought about Morleys but have never tried one.
Right now I have a CEM chip based VCA I built which I control via pedal and
it is beautiful; the only problem is that the VCA is part of a clunky older
thang I built some time ago and wish I just had the VCA in a little box;
don't know whether to build a new one, or find an "active" pedal.  Does
anyone have a recommendation?  "Passive" pedals are simply out of the
question, in my experience....

David Myers