Re: Live sequencing.

I caught the Gasparyan/Brook show this past Monday in San Francisco. My
sentiments are similar: Too much tech., not enough Gasparyan. I did enjoy
Michael Brook's playing but it seemed, at times, that Gasparyan seemed
awkwardly uncomfortable. Michael Brook did say that it was only the 2nd
time
they ever performed together live so that may have something to do with it.
Some of the "loopage" I liked but there was a definite lack of spontaneity
which seems to be an inevitable trade off when using sequenced material.
Despite the shortcomings, however, I did leave with a favorable opinion of
the show.

Personally, I'm still compiling some "pre-fab" recording for my solo
performance set but I'm certainly trying to keep the emphasis on real-time
looping and improvisation. As has been stated on the list in the past,
there
is a fine line where pre-recorded material becomes a detriment and not a
benefit. I feel that, at times, Michael Brook and Djivan Gasparyan may have
crossed that line a few times at their SF performance.