Re: Line-6 DL4 - MPX-G2

Line6 tech support told me recently that their stompers will ship in about
2
months. I bet these folks will prove more reliable than DOD or EH.

I got my G2 from J&S Music for around $1000. The JamMan feature seems to
work
fine (I'm using an FC-200 with three additional DP-2 momentary switches to
run it), but I've been disappointed with the unit as a more generic
long-delay device, as mentioned here before. There's 20 sec of mono delay
memory, which should  also be configurable as 10-sec stereo delay.
Unfortunately, there's an acknowledged bug that turns stereo delay into
ping-pong delay above about 5.3 sec. Lex told me they have no plans to fix
this. Worse, in my efforts to set up looping delays from scratch, using
exp.
pedals to control feedback and input (which I prefer to the overly complex
and limiting JamMan arrangement), I've encountered overload problems after
about three layers...not a problem with the JamMan algo, btw...anyone
wanting
more G2 info/opinions, feel free to PEM me at dcoffin@taunton.com...or
just
post here, and I'll tellya what I can.