Re: Looper Release Pool:

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Davignon <mdavig@sfsu.edu>
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
Date: Thursday, August 19, 1999 8:28 PM
Subject: Re: Looper Release Pool:

>2) ONE overdrive pedal that allows the user to better manipulate the
>settings, something like the EH Microsynth only better sounding for
>guitar.
>
>matt davignon

The concept of the EH Microsynth distortion circuit is wonderful, and any
solder-sniffer could build a killer El Distorto del Maximo with the
concept:
Split the outgiong signal up then feed it to three or four (or Hey! Let's
have a mudbath! Ten!) different distortion circuits in parallel with
appropriate mixing capabilities. I will do this myself someday, I swear, if
I only live that long, and I can get reconnected to this caffiene IV.
Nurse!
Nurse!

>> reissue, the FX-98 or the DL4?

My monopoly money is on Pod DL4. To my knowledge, EH made no noise about
the
16kms (li'l joke there) at Namm or via the trade mags and they are a little
slow in their reissue approach AND they have the Headrush and Pod in
competition now. DOD/Digitech could do well (and does anyone know just what
the FX-98 would have to offer, were it to exist?) but again, no official
release info.