Echoplex LED display problems , Alto Music

I purchased an Echoplex from Alto Music in early spring around March/April
I think.

Since then (about 1-2 months ago) Ive noticed that one of the LEDs on the
display was staying "half lit" (?) all the time , shortly after another
one did the same.  (now this makes it impossible to tell the difference
between certain numbers)

When I first got the Echoplex the very tip of one of the rackmount ears
was dented and bent slightly (I really hope that didnt happen after it was
built etc..) .  I asked Alto Music if I could exchange for another one or
complete refund. They said that another one could probably not be gotten
etc..  and they refused to refund/pay shipping either way.  (I do think
thats pretty crappy)

Im not sure what to do about this

What are you N2?  Choose from 150 free e-mail addresses.
http://www.n2mail.com