Re: Vortex Pedal Query...

--------------88F6A908D9FE902A171823A0

hi Jamie,
I don't think you can use a wah-vol pedal or any powered pedal. I made
an expression pedal from a passive volume pedal and a few parts from
Radio Shack. The schematic from the manual can be found here.
http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/vortex/vortex.html for the Vortex
and
http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/vortex/vortex04.GIF for the page
that I found it on. It works great w/full morphing! Hope this helps,

jeff

Jenni Leeds wrote:

> It seems that the archive is not working or that I'm doing
> something wrong; all of my searches are coming up empty with subjects
> as basic as "vortex" or "echoplex". What gives? Anyway, I know
> we've touched on this before but since I can't seem to work a simple
> archive please forgive...What are the best expression/volume pedals
> for the Lexicon Vortex? I'd really like a wah-wah/volume/expression
> pedal if possible.Is the Zoom EP01 a good choice? (I have an
> opportunity to get one rather cheap.) I particularly remember a
> post by one D. Stagner, in which he inquired about the "full sweep" of
> morphing capability and which pedal best performs this? I would prefer
> such a thing too. Tambient anechoic chamber orchestratos flourescent
> torrential latent atmosheric choir rain omni-portal sphere of broken
> glass swirl Lada, Jamie at JenniL@bellsouth.net

--------------88F6A908D9FE902A171823A0

hi Jamie,
I don't think you can use a wah-vol pedal or any powered pedal. I made an expression pedal from a passive volume pedal and a few parts from Radio Shack. The schematic from the manual can be found here.
<http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/vortex/vortex.html>http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/vortex/vortex.html for the Vortex and
<http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/vortex/vortex04.GIF>http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/vortex/vortex04.GIF for the page that I found it on. It works great w/full morphing! Hope this helps,

jeff

Jenni Leeds wrote:

It seems that the archive is not working or that I'm doing something wrong; all of my searches are coming up empty with subjects as basic as "vortex" or "echoplex". What gives? Anyway, I know we've touched on this before but since I can't seem to work a simple archive please forgive...What are the best expression/volume pedals for the Lexicon Vortex? I'd really like a wah-wah/volume/expression pedal if possible.Is the Zoom EP01 a good choice? (I have an opportunity to get one rather cheap.) I particularly remember a post by one D. Stagner, in which he inquired about the "full sweep" of morphing capability and which pedal best performs this? I would prefer such a thing too. Tambient anechoic chamber orchestratos flourescent torrential latent atmosheric choir rain omni-portal sphere of broken glass swirl Lada, Jamie at <mailto:JenniL@bellsouth.net>JenniL@bellsouth.net

--------------88F6A908D9FE902A171823A0--