Echoplex output level--too quiet

The FAQ mentions that some people complain that the output level of the EDP
is too quiet, while the input is too sensitive, and that there's a mod
which
remedies that (changing a few resistor values).  It also says that the mod
was rolled into production units as of early '98.

However, I've got two EDP's, an older one and a newer one (purchased
earlier
this year, came with the new sticker and software), and the newer one is
still by far the lowest output device in my setup.  I haven't opened the
new
one up yet to verify that the mod is present, but does anyone know if this
roll-in occurred and if it made a tremendous difference?

TH