Re: mr bungle

Well then, since you haven't heard the past two, I'd highly recommend them.
They are both much more mature and different than the self-titled first
recording. Where the first one was full-of the crossbred metal thing, these
two are more song-oriented, and jazz-directed. Since you don't like
anything Zorn does (and his catalog is highly differing as well), I would
almost think that you might appreciate the newest Bungle (California) more.
I don't see that they're self-consiciously being weird at all on the last
two. They're just a bit, let's say, odd...
Jeff

At 02:04 AM 11/9/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>I dunno... I always thought of Mr. Bungle as pastiche Zorn vomit (and I
>hate
>John Zorn too..). I haven't heard the new record, but I have heard the
>last
>two and I just have to say that in my own subjective take on Mr. Bungle I
>think that they are self-consciously weird in the worst way.

This is not here--
And now is almost over...
http://members.xoom.com/Gezoleen/
http://members.xoom.com/edkempertrio/