Unpopular or Misunderstood Devices

Someone mentioned that the JamMan was laughed at in Lexicon product
meetings.  I can only imagine the Vortex suffered a similar fate.
Too bad.

Still, the Vortex is such a deep device that it would take you a while
to really understand what it's all about.  The ads I saw were a poor
substitute for actual experience with the unit.

If it had been marketed properly, it would have been one of the biggest
devices in the music world.  As it is, it was and still is ahead of its
time.

What amazes me is that these products were ever marketed at all in the
first place.  The Vortex story would be a very interesting one for the
books, I'd imagine.

-t