anyone looping 2 or more personal computers?

Hi, all:

I seem to be acquiring more and more pre-PPC Macs as more and more of them
are
thrown away by slap-happy consumers. I am hatching an evil plan to have
them all
generate random MIDI commands to one another while I dance around them
listening
to their cheap little speakers fart and burp.

I wonder: who among you has set up comparatively lo-tech real-time loops
between
personal computers using MIDI data or audio? Tell me about your setup and
give
me advice if you have a moment.

Best,

MHL